RYA & First Aid Course & Certification
£105 PER PERSON
Our one-day course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages.
In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives, especially in remote locations. This one-day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
It fulfils the requirements for:
- Professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including Boatmasters;
- The Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to ISAF’s regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4).
- The course is recommended by the MCA and HSE.
The subjects specific to boating include:
- The recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- Cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Medical assistance or advice by VHF
- Helicopter rescue